|don't mind my messy desk in the background|
I've started thinking back over the year and realized what an awesome year it was, so I thought I'd share some of the highlights here:
- Right before my birthday last year, we closed on our Condo, our first home! Pretty big life decision and commitment! We spent a few months fixing it up, then got to move in (and finally move out of my parents' house) right before Christmas.
- I worked on my first trial, and won on the majority of the legal issues against a very experienced legal team, yay!
(Working late nights, weekends, and off the charts stress not pictured).
- We got a new pup! We are so thrilled to have Jack Jack in our home :). Even our other pooch has warmed up to the sweet ball of fur and energy (She was skeptical at first).
- We went on some mini weekend adventures to the local wine country and beach town.
- We went on a big adventure to Rome for the canonization of St. John XXIII and St. John Paul II. That was a whirlwind three days, but such an amazing, once in a lifetime trip!
- I got a new car! (Much needed, after many expensive breakdowns)
- My best friend got married!
- We finally started medical treatment on my infertility. And although we haven't gotten the hoped for result yet, at least we've tackled some issues along the way.
- And of course, I started blogging again here, and have found a beautiful community of support.
Those are just the highlights I can think of off the top of my head. There were so many many more moments of beauty and grace. Thinking back over this all, I'm in awe of how much God has blessed me in this year. I know I'm not deserving, especially considering the little things I complain about so much of the time. I need to step back and look at the big picture more, and realize how beautiful and blessed my life is. And thank you to everyone who made my world brighter in the past year :). I can't wait to find out what the next has in store for me!
Happy birthday!! What a wonderful recap of the past year. So many joyful moments. Hope this next year brings even more joy! :)ReplyDelete
Sorry this is late. . . Happy birthday! Wishing you a most joyous year!ReplyDelete