This week is Infertility Awareness Week. This week is what this blog is all about, sharing experiences and building a community around those dealing with infertility. Now, I know that if you're a regular reader of this blog, you're probably pretty aware of infertility, and chances are you're experiencing or have experienced it yourself. However, in case you're new to this site, or in case you haven't experienced infertility yourself, I have some posts planned that detail more of the experience of infertility, my experience in particular.
Before getting to those though, I thought I'd share some of my favorite posts about infertility that have already been written, both by myself and others. They are listed in no particular order, and don't begin to cover the plethora of topics involved in infertility, but I do feel like they highlight some of the emotions and struggles that go with it. I think that's a good place to start before diving in with new posts, so here we go:
Written By Me:
These are posts that have a special place in my heart for one reason or another. It would be an awesome bonus if they were are a help or comfort to anyone else.
- Infertility, Suffering, & Holy Week - Putting infertility into perspective during Holy Week.
- The Culture of Death & Infertility - The ability that infertile couples have to affirm the dignity of life rather than comply with the culture of death.
- Participating in Suffering - Some thoughts on joining the suffering of infertility to the suffering of Christ.
- How I Found Creighton & NaPro - My journey to medical treatment.
- In the Middle - Where I feel that I am most of the time (and my theme song).
Written By Other People:
There are also a lot of other great bloggers, and really great writers, better than me for sure. I really love the diversity of voices and the great community they have built. It's so hard to choose, but here are just a few of the blog posts that have hit home with me. I really love all of these blogs in general (and many more), they're definitely worth checking out.
- Conceiving Hope: Good Catholic Families- What makes a "good Catholic family." Also, some great resources, some humor, and it looks like she has some great things lined up for Infertility Awareness Week too.
- Melody's Harmonies: What I Want You To Know- What you should know about the experience of infertility. It looks like she'll be posting about this week too.
- Tales From the Valley: He Cried More- A beautiful reflection on God's plan and infertility. This post has really helped my relationship with God in light of infertility.
- NaPro Husband: 5 Tips to Ease the Stress on Your Bride- Both this post and the entire blog are great for providing the man's perspective of infertility.
- Blessed to Be : I Didn't Know Being "Open to Life" Would be *This* Hard - A great post talking about the meaning of being open to life in infertility. (Just a heads up, I love this blog, but there is the mention of pregnancy in more recent posts, in case that is a sensitive topic for you).